Wednesday, May 11, 2011

No rest for the weary.

I thought once summer arrived, life would return to a lax, peaceful pace. Quite the contrary. Life doesn't stop at all. It just keeps throwing things at you. Left, then right. The Monday after my last final (Spanish...I don't want to talk about it or ever think about it again) I started full time at my internship. 8 to 5 e'ry day. Like I said no rest for the weary.
But last week was definitely a good one. We had some special visitors! Sarah, JC, and Trin came for a weekend. Then Lisa was here! And then Ashley, Bwayden, and Addie! Ahhhh. So great. I tried to come over as much as possible...My man Brayden and I tried to fly our awesome kites, but for some reason the wind stop right when we stepped outside. Not cool. We also played Fireball Island the last night Ashley and Litha (Lisa with a lisp) were here. 

You know how crazy that gets. 
Curt was yelling, 
I was arguing, 
Litha was making up rules, 
and Ashley was throwing down some fireballs.

It was so fun. I'm sad to say, Litha won. BUT I did find out that there is no such rule as a "Valiant push" when throwing down some nasty fireballs (also known as little red marbles). This one time my little finger slipped when trying to knock down the fireball. Litha  tried to pull that I didn't have another chance...and that it was in the rule book. BUT IT WASN'T. I just want to clarify that for any questions in the future. 

Also, SUMMER IS FINALLY HERE. My plants are growing and I am sweating like crazy. Yesterday I ran 1.5 miles, played soccer with my boy (our favorite activity), and then played some awesome volleyball until the wee hours of the night. THIS is what summer is all about. Sports and sun and food. Gosh I am so excited. Winter was too long. I am itching to play all day and all night.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home